Daily News lists Top 50 Dumbest People in Hollywood
BY JO PIAZZA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Friday, November 30th 2007, 4:00 AM
And the most contrived list of the week award goes to ...
Entertainment Weekly magazine, which waded through the intellectual wasteland of Los Angeles to create a list of the 50 smartest people in Hollywood, released the list Thursday.
"Knocked Up" creator Judd Apatow leads the brainiac pack, with Ben Affleck holding up the back end at No. 50.
The mag asserts that smart could mean any number of things: "It encompasses book smarts and street smarts, financial genius and emotional intelligence."
Picking through the cerebral corridors of America's most vapid city seems a daunting task.
An easier route: The "Top 50 Dumbest People in Hollywood."
Dumb doesn't necessarily correspond to a low IQ. There are poor life choices, style slipups and mishaps under the influence to take into account.
Topping a highly unscientific Daily News list of the "Dumbest" is Lindsay Lohan. The reason: poor movie choices ("I Know Who Killed Me"), delinquent behavior and bad taste in men.
The rest of the top five:
2. Kim Kardashian - because it is sad when you leak your sex tape and nobody cares.
3. Spencer Pratt - who thinks his life on MTV's "The Hills" is reality - and believes we think so, too.
4. Jeff Kwatinetz - the man that gave the okay for Britney Spears' disastrous MTV Video Music Awards performance.
5. Shia LaBeouf - the 21 year-old "Transformers" star, for getting arrested while refusing to leave a Walgreens pharmacy.
The other "winners":
6. Heidi Montag, reality television star
7. Jessica Simpson, singer
8. Kiefer Sutherland, actor, recurring drunk driver
9. Tori Spelling, former teen actress/daughter of a media mogul
10. Rumer Willis, daughter of two famous people
11. Nick Hogan, son of pro wrestler
12. Courtney Love, aging rock chick, disaster
13. J.R. Rotem, music producer and possible Britney Spears baby daddy
14. Britney Spears, pop star, train wreck
15. Brad Garrett, comedian, paparazzi hater
16. Ken Paves, celebrity hairdresser, hanger-on
17. Jennifer Love Hewitt, actress
18. Brad Womack, indecisive Bachelor
19. Michael Jackson, former singer, mess
20. Cash Warren, celebrity boyfriend
21. Audrina Patridge, "The Hills" star, vapid conversationalist
22. Wilmer Valderamma, actor?
23. Vanessa Minnillo, former VJ, celebrity girlfriend
24. Mel Gibson, actor, drunk driver
25. Michael Richards, comedian, racist
26. Brandon Davis, party boy, racist
27. Isiah Washington, actor, homophobe
28. Charlie Sheen, actor
29. Denise Richards, actress
30. Alec Baldwin, actor, cell phone abuser
31. Chad Michael Murray, serial fiance
32. Steve-O, public nudist
33. Nicole Richie, directionally challenged driver
34. Janice Dickinson, big-mouthed former supermodel
35. Adrienne Curry, reality star and grammatically challenged blogger
36. Anne Heche, self-described crazy person
37. Bai Ling, fashion disaster, C-lister
38. Kevin Federline, serial sperminator
39. Shar Jackson, slept with Kevin Federline
40. Scott Baio, "Charles in Charge"
41. Dustin Diamond, washed-up teen actor and porn star
42. Tila Tequila, reality show bisexual
43. Russell Crowe, phone thrower
44. Kristin Cavallari, not even famous after "Laguna Beach"
45. Nick Carter, Backstreet Boy
46. Vanessa Hudgens, Disney star, nude picture poser
47. Michelle Rodriguez, public nuisance
48. David Hasselhoff, public disaster
49. Joe Francis, Girls Gone Wild creator, inmate
50. Tom Sizemore, probation violator
"Guys are the weaker sex...Girls kick ass; says so on a t-shirt." (Dark Angel)